All rewritten briefs.


Brief summary
A really great brief, one that I got really excited about and I feel fully exploited. It actually got the the point where I couldn't think of any other way to expand it.

Really happy with the branding and the range of deliverables, a good mix of print / exhibition / web. I'm also happy with the concept, I feel I've successfully created something that appeals to the general public rather than just graphic designers.


Brief summary
This brief definitely didn't go to plan. I started this brief quite early on and left it to complete a live competition brief, but when I came back to it, I had lost all enthusiasm. I just couldn't get back into it, and it meant that everything was taking longer than it should be.

This was meant to be a substantial brief, but as the End of Year Show proposal became a substantial brief, I decided to cut this brief short. I initially proposed to complete 3 full typefaces, each with promotional material, but just ended up completing one. I am happy with the typeface, but I must admit, I really didn't enjoy designing it and realised that this isn't something I want to spend my time doing.


Brief Summary
BAGD yearbook pitch went ok. Our knowledge of print costs were minimal and this definitely showed through in the proposal.

We struggled to nail a good concept that we were all happy with, and this definitely hindered our progress. We were designing it without a concept, meaning the decisions we were making weren't done with good reasoning behind them. Looking back at the proposal now, though there are elements that are working, it generally doesn't sit together well.

In terms of how we worked as a group, there was definitely some tension. This should of been resolved as soon as, as this carried on into the Photography yearbook brief.


Brief Summary
Live D&AD brief went well and seemed to come up with solutions I was happy with quite fast. I was quite rushed towards the end though, and what was submitted to D&AD could of been much stronger.

I did pick it back up after however, and developed it into something which I feel is really strong.


Brief Summary
This was always going to be a short experimental brief which allowed me to play with typography and layout in a way I'd never done before.

It actually turned out much better than I expected and am really happy with the results. It did feel a little strange doing the packaging for the books, but I enjoyed it, and though it was a short brief, I managed to apply to a range of materials which I always enjoy.


Brief Summary
End of Year Show brief was quite a surprise to me. This, again, was another proposed short brief for me to experiment with concepts and audience interaction.

Really happy with how this turned out. Though the design direction could of been much stronger, the concept was there.


Brief Summary
Leading on from the BAGD yearbook pitch, we went on the do the Photography yearbook. Though we had some collaborative issues where there were deadlines missed and a general lack of communication, I am really pleased with the outcome and have something that I am proud to put in my portfolio.

I took a lot from this brief - mainly in terms of experience with the printers and a general idea of print costs, which is definitely very beneficial.

I think we went about this brief the right way in terms of starting off with a high spec proposal with a print finishes. This meant that though we sacrificed a few elements, we still ended up with a really high quality book.


Brief Summary
This live brief came in quite late on in the module and was initially unsure if I would take it on or not. In the end I did, it turned out to be a nice break, and was in an area that I hadn't experienced before - nail and beauty - so was quite exciting.

Though a short brief, I'm really happy with the outcome. It's got a different feel about it to my other work and I think it's nice to have a range of work rather than just what I want to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment